Otesat-Maritel provides MailOnBoard service for exchanging data between Inmarsat satellite mobile phone and land. The service is easy to use and inexpensive.
The main features of the service are:
- E-Mail data compression
- Remote management via web interface
- Self provisioning of vessels’ e-mail address
- Corporate domain name hosting
MailOnBoard offers a number of advantages, including:
- Low communication costs
- Self controlling of vessels’ e-mails
- Easy installation
- Friendly usage
- 24/7 Customer Support
MailOnBoard is an easy-to-use and inexpensive e-mail solution via Inmarsat, Iridium and VSAT satellite systems. The service provides a strong land-to-mobile and mobile-to-land compression mechanism that reduces the size of incoming or outgoing e-mails up to 90% leading to low company communication costs. The service also provides corporate domain name hosting, runs on a regular PC and manages e-mail communications over dial-up or broadband internet connections whereas, MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird or other SMTP/POP3 clients are supported.
With MailOnBoard the user can send and receive automatically e-mails with text and/or attachments and provide a dedicated e-mail account for each vessel. The installation file is small (1.17MB in zipped format) and can be sent via e-mail or in a CD.
MailOnBoard also provides remote management via the internet with a user-friendly Web Interface providing full communications management.
Using the web interface there is the option to:
- Create white and black lists, providing the option to users to create their own safety rules and simultaneously control their sent and / or received e-mail
- Limit the size of incoming or outgoing e-mails
- Keep track of all incoming or outgoing e-mails in real time
- Analytic logging of all e-mail communications, before and after compression
- Automatically forward e-mails for both land-to-satellite mobile and satellite mobile -to-land directions
- Add identifying words in the subject area of the automatically forwarded e-mails for both land-to-satellite mobile and satellite mobile -to-land directions
- Extract useful data in Excel file
All e-mail communications are protected through state-of-the-art Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus services via Otesat-Maritel’s Network.